1. TOHO shall comply with relevant laws and regulations.
- TOHO shall comply with Japan’s Act on the Protection of Personal Information (hereinafter referred to as the “APPI”) and its rules and guidelines (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Guidelines”) issued by the Personal Information Protection Committee in Japan.
- TOHO shall also comply with its internal rules and contracts with clients, and handle Personal Information (the definition shall be subject to Article 2 (1) of the APPI, hereinafter the same) in a lawful and proper fashion.
2. TOHO shall obtain Personal Information in a proper manner and use it only for limited purposes.
- TOHO shall use Personal Information within the scope of any of the following purposes:
- Purposes of use of customers’ Personal Information;
- For the reservation and sale of movie or theatrical tickets and other products, their delivery, and after-sales service thereof;
- For the introduction and implementation of events such as previews and dress rehearsals;
- For the introduction of new works, new products and new services;
- For leasing, repair and maintenance, etc. of real estate;
- For the management of buildings and facilities (including the crime prevention and security thereof);
- For the review and approval of registrations for membership service system, and providing therefor;
- For the review and approval of subscriptions to e-mail delivery services, and providing therefor;
- For responding to inquiries from customers about various products and/or services of TOHO and its affiliates, etc.;
- For analysis, examination, improvement and development of various products and/or services; and/or
- For the operation of various other products and/or services of TOHO.
- Purposes of use of shareholders’ Personal Information;
- For the exercise of their rights and fulfillment of shareholder’s obligations under the Japan’s Companies Act, etc.;
- For providing for information on the business management of TOHO and its affiliates;
- For providing for services such as shareholder benefits, etc.;
- For the preparation and statistical processing of shareholders’ data, according to accepted standards based on laws and regulations; and/or
- For responding to inquiries from shareholders.
- Purposes of use of clients’ Personal Information;
- For carrying out the primary business activities of TOHO (https://www.toho.co.jp/en/overview/index.html);
- For carrying out the business activities associated with the above primary business activities; and/or
- For considering or conducting new business or M&A transactions inside and outside Japan.
- Purpose of use of job applicants’ Personal Information;
- For recruitment activities, selection and various correspondence with job applicants.
- Purposes of use of Personal Information of employees (including retirees); and
- For activities related to employment management (including such management of family members of employees, secondees and loan employees):
- For activities related to payment of salaries, etc.;
- For activities related to welfare benefits, etc.;
- For activities related to health management, etc.;
- For various procedures after retirement; and/or
- For other procedures and various communications necessary in accordance with other laws and regulations.
- Purposes of use of Personal Information of any and all individuals stated in (i) through (v) above.
- For business analysis and market research concerning TOHO’s and its affiliates’ movies, plays, real estate and other business.
- For processing of statistical data that cannot identify individuals (and that does not fall into the “Anonymously Processed Information” as defined in Article 2 (9) of the APPI) and its analysis, etc.
- For activities related to corporate social responsibility (CSR) of TOHO.
- Purposes of use of customers’ Personal Information;
- In the case of using Personal Information for purposes not listed in (1) hereinabove, the purposes shall be announced separately or notified to the Principal (the definition shall be subject to Article 2 (8) of the APPI, hereinafter the same), and the Personal Information shall be handled within such purposes.
- If TOHO intends to use Personal Information beyond the scope of (1) and (2) hereinabove, TOHO shall obtain the consent from such Principal in advance. The Principal have the right to withdraw the consent at any time by the method separately designated by TOHO; provided, however, that the withdrawal of consent shall not affect the legality of processing conducted based on the consent before such withdrawal.
3. TOHO shall comprehensively manage the safety of Personal Information.
- In order to prevent the loss, damage, illegal removal, outflow, falsification of Personal Information, TOHO shall establish internal regulations and take necessary and appropriate measures for safety management thereof.
- In order to ensure the safety of Personal Information, TOHO shall regularly conduct internal educations of officers and employees as well as conducting appropriate supervision thereof on a daily basis.
- TOHO shall take measures to prevent Personal Information from being leaked, by taking measures to restrict access to the company premises and information security measures.
- Personal Information that TOHO no longer needs to retain shall be deleted by disposing of documents containing Personal Data (the definition shall be subject to Article 2 (6) of the APPI, hereinafter the same) in an appropriate manner or by deletion by a method that may not be easily restored on the medium on which information is recorded.
4. TOHO shall properly supervise outsourcing parties that TOHO provides Personal Information.
When necessary, TOHO may delegate all or part of the work involving the handling of Personal Information to a third party. In this case, TOHO shall enter into a contract regarding appropriate handling of Personal Information with the third party, and then provide such Personal Information therewith to the extent that it is deemed necessary for the performance of the delegated work. In the event that the handling of Personal Information is so delegated, TOHO shall supervise such third party to ensure its proper handling of such Personal Information.
5. TOHO may joint-use Personal Information.
- Within the scope of the purposes of use listed in Section 2 above, TOHO may utilize Personal Data such as name, sex, date of birth, address, telephone/fax number, e-mail address, purchase history, contract information, photographs and access information, jointly with its affiliates (http://www.TOHO.co.jp/company/group/index.html). In this case, TOHO shall be responsible for controlling said Personal Data.
6. Personal Information shall not be provided to third parties in principle.
TOHO shall not disclose or provide Personal Information to any third party in a state in which the Principal may be identified, except in the following cases:
- Cases when providing to such third party as stipulated in Section 4 above;
- Cases in which the Principal has provided its consent;
- Cases of receiving a disclosure order from a court or other public institution; or
- Other cases as stipulated by laws and regulations.
7. To ensure the accuracy of Personal Information.
- TOHO shall strive to keep Personal Information accurate and up to date.
- If there is a change in the Principal’s Personal Information, the Principal should take a change procedure according to the method herein set forth as necessary.
- TOHO shall not be responsible for any inconveniences of communication from, or provision of services by, TOHO, due to a Principal’s failure to take such change procedure.
8. TOHO shall respond to requests for disclosure and correction of Retained Personal Data.
- When the Principal requests the disclosure of its own Retained Personal Data (the definition shall be subject to Article 2 (7) of the APPI, hereinafter the same), TOHO shall confirm whether the applicant is the Principal or not by requesting identity confirmation documents such as a driver’s license, and then respond to such request; provided, however, that TOHO shall not disclose a whole or part thereof in the following cases:
- Cases in which there is a possibility of harming the Principal or third party’s life, body, fortune or other rights and interests;
- Cases in which there is a possibility of interfering seriously with TOHO’s implementing its business properly; and/or
- Cases of violating other laws or regulations than APPI.
- When requested by a Principal’s agent (legal representative or appointed agent) to disclose Retained Personal Data of the Principal, TOHO shall follow the same procedure as that for requests in Section 8 (1) above with respect to the agent. In this case, TOHO shall confirm the identity of the agent itself, and then respond to such request after confirming that the agent has legal authority as a the Principal’s agent by a letter of proxy etc.
- When a Principal or his/her agent requests the correction, addition or deletion of the Retained Personal Data (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Correction etc.”) or the suspension or deletion thereof (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Suspension of Use etc.”), the same procedure as described in Section 8 (1) or (2) above shall be followed and then TOHO shall carry out the Correction etc. or the Suspension of Use etc. within a reasonable period pursuant to the provisions of the APPI and Guidelines. Where such Correction etc. or Suspension of Use etc. is made pursuant hereto, TOHO may no longer be able to provide its services or products according to the Principal’s request.
- TOHO shall accept inquiries regarding the handling of Personal Information, such as requests for the disclosure, Correction etc. or Suspension of Use etc. of the Retained Personal Data pursuant hereto, using the “inquiry” window at the top page.
- TOHO has stipulated individual terms and conditions or privacy policies (hereinafter referred to as “Individual Policies”) for each type of services to be provided and products to be sold. Key services and products offered or sold by TOHO are as follows:
- GODZILLA Brand Site
- TOHO Theatrical Dept. (purchase of theater tickets)
- Chanter Card (providing for services using membership card issued by “Hibiya Chanter,” a shopping mall in Hibiya, Tokyo)
In addition, each of TOHO’s affiliate may establish separate Individual Policies depending on the purposes of use of Personal Information acquired from its customers. Please be sure to check the content of these Individual Policies according to the service to be used by customers.