Godzilla: Tokyo SOS Comes to U.S. Theaters with Fathom Events
Feb. 21, 2023
Tickets On Sale Now For Monster-Sized Theatrical Event
Godzilla is roaring back into theaters! Fathom Events and Toho International, the Japanese studio’s U.S.-based subsidiary that brought classic Godzilla to life, announced today that Godzilla: Tokyo SOS is coming to theaters for the first time in the U.S. in celebration of the film’s 20th anniversary. This one-day-only event will take place on the big screen in over 600 theaters across the U.S. on March 22, and will feature the film with subtitles along with bonus content every fan will love, including a special showing of Godzilla vs. Gigan Rex, a short that debuted at the 2022 Japan Godzilla Festival as a sequel to G vs. G (2019).
To help Godzilla-lovers show their fandom, Toho International will also highlight a robust merchandising program with Godzilla: Tokyo SOS-themed collectibles, clothing, and more from fan favorite retailers like Bandai, Funko, Super7, FYE, and more.
In Godzilla: Tokyo SOS, Mothra’s twin fairies appear with a warning to Japan that Kiryu (aka Mechagodzilla) must be put to rest at the bottom of the ocean or face the wrath of Mothra. When Godzilla returns once again, will humanity heed the warning or will Kiryu be forced to fight against two monsters?
VIEW TRAILER HERE
Tickets for this event are available now at Fathom Events or at participating theater box offices. For a complete list of theater locations visit the Fathom Events website (theaters are subject to change).
“It’s been 20 years since Godzilla: Tokyo SOS debuted and we’re looking forward to celebrating this seminal moment for the franchise in partnership with Fathom Events. Fans will have the opportunity to enjoy this iconic film on the big screen for the first time in the U.S.. Rounding out the experience, viewers will also have the opportunity to indulge their fandom beyond the screen with our robust Godzilla: Tokyo SOS merchandise line-up,” said Kristin Parcell, General Manager of Toho International.
In addition to this special on-screen spectacular, Toho International is also highlighting a monster-sized line-up of signature Godzilla merchandise including:
- Bandai’s Type3 Kiryu Figure – The TYPE3 KIRYU from “Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla” is resurrected by SOUL OF CHOGOKIN! With detailed sculpting, and accessories to recreate scenes from the film, this is the perfect figure to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the movie. Available for pre-sale on Amazon.
- FYE Figures and Treats: For Your Entertainment (FYE), has sweet and spicy treats and must-have figures that every Godzilla fan will enjoy! Featuring exclusive items in their Godzilla product range including a Godzilla 1995 Burning LED Light, a Godzilla Party in a Box, Chocolate Mochi, more!
- Stern Pinball: Ready to take pinball to the next level? In this monster-packed pinball adventure, players become Godzilla! The evil aliens, the Xiliens, use mind control rays to take control of the monsters King Ghidorah, Gigan, Megalon, Ebirah, and Titanosaurus. With the Xiliens demanding all of Earth’s resources, Godzilla and its allies, Mothra, Rodan, and Anguirus, battle the Xilien invasion with the goal of conquering Mechagodzilla to become King of the Monsters! Available for purchase on sternpinball.com.
- Entertainment Earth: Fans can enjoy a Kaiju sized lineup of Godzilla collectibles and toys, right on the Entertainment Earth site. Check out toys, action figures, Funko Pop! Vinyls, statues, and more.
- Hyperfly: Coming soon from Hyperfly, the leading U.S. manufacturer of Jiu-Jitsu Gi’s, rash guards and other apparel, is their all new Godzilla collection. Anchoring the collection is a 2016 Shin Godzilla inspired Gi. Constructed to highlight the strength and power of one of the biggest Godzilla’s Toho has created, fans and athletes can let their inner monster roar to life on the mat.
- Super7: Fan favorite, the Super7 ReAction line will debut its next wave of Godzilla characters coming in March! The classic 3.75” scale will bring new Godzilla fan favorite designs to life with the signature look Super7 does best.
- Mondo: Pulled straight from the movies, Mondo brings you this limited edition Godzilla: Tokyo SOS Premium Scale Statue of Godzilla locked in an epic battle! Interchangeable tail pieces, mouth and heat ray accessory let you display your favorite movie moments. Pre-order now with an anticipated shipping date of May 2023.
- Trends International: Classic Godzilla movie posters to make any room fit for the King of the Monsters!
ABOUT FATHOM EVENTS
Fathom Events is a recognized leader in the entertainment industry as one of the top distributors of content to movie theaters in North America. Owned by AMC Entertainment Inc. (NYSE: AMC); Cinemark Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CNK); and Regal, a subsidiary of the Cineworld Group (LSE: CINE.L), Fathom operates the largest cinema distribution network, delivering a wide variety of programming and experiences to cinema audiences in all the top U.S. markets and to more than 45 countries. For more information, visit FathomEvents.com.
ABOUT TOHO INTERNATIONAL
Toho International, Inc., the Japanese studio’s U.S.-based subsidiary, has brought classic Godzilla, with 70 years of storytelling and monster mayhem, brand awareness and excitement to audiences around the world through a comprehensive licensing program spanning toys & collectibles, gaming, apparel, accessories, publishing, seasonal, housewares, food & beverage, and many more categories. With over 25 live-action films, numerous animated films and series, and more action-packed new content to come, Toho has captured the love and attention of Godzilla fans from all across the globe. Always-on content accessible across multiple streaming platforms has put Godzilla and other Toho monsters at the forefront of consumers’ minds as the franchise gears up for an exciting next generation of storytelling and fandom.